When were you first diagnosed with fibro?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Olay Regenerist

This is but my own unsolicited opinion of a product I purchased: Olay Regenerist- I bought the Daily Regenerating Cleanser, the detoxifying pore scrub, the regenerating serum, eye lifting serum, and the filling and sealing wrinkle treatment.

First, I have had oily skin since forever, so wrinkles aren't a huge concern, but along with that oily skin also came huge pores, mostly on my cheeks, just under the eyes. Second, I do have rather deep creases under my left eye from the damage done to that part of my face in a car accident, as well as some scars. I have not tried many remedies, just vitamin E oil and olive oil for the wrinkles and scars.

Ok, so here's what I think so far. I have been using these products for about 3 weeks now. The only difference I can see between the cleanser and the pore scrub is sudsing. The pore scrub suds a bit more but after using either I do notice my pores appear smaller. My skin feels clean without being too dried out, nor does it feel greasy.

The regenerating serum and the eye lifting serum both do a great job with those deep wrinkles; making them a bit less noticeable, but I don't think I really need both. I think the regenerating serum alone (larger amount for the money) would suffice, but maybe the difference is a more eye friendly mix of ingredients in the eye lifting serum? I don't know. The odd part about these 2 is that I see a bigger difference with the deeper wrinkles and scars (though not marketed for scars) than I see for the few finer lines. Go figure!!!! The filing and sealing wrinkle treatment does really well with the large pores and a kind of deep scar between my brows, but applying foundation over it requires a light touch (I use a foundation brush and kind of a light blending with finger tips on the rare occasions when I wear makeup) but it blends nicely with my skin so foundation really is not needed. Mind you, it does not make my scar invisible, just makes it appear less deep, a little shorter and thinner. Under the eye with the deep wrinkles, it makes under that eye look a little baggy, but under my other eye it does ok. I think for this array I may have paid about $50-$60, but if I didn't buy the eye serum and one of the cleansers, it would have been, I guess, $20 or so cheaper. I did try the stores equivalent of all but the filling and sealing treatment for a few dollars less per item, and they were not all that bad, but the first ingredient on the label for those was (drum roll, please!!!!) WATER. So I opted for the Olay products as the store branded equivalents needed refilling. Worth the extra couple of bucks? I don't know, but if I'm only saving $5 or $10 every couple of months, I'm opting for the brand name and will save the money some other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment