When were you first diagnosed with fibro?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Family trip coming up

Well, my 18 year old got her money from the accident. She opened both a checking and savings account, as well as keeping the bulk of the money in the certificate of deposit, until it reaches it's term. So far, there have been no unreasonable requests for money from any one, but it has been only 1 full day.

She does want to go to Indiana to visit her dad and his side of the family (whats left of it), so that is where we will be going in April. Then I bet I will have some pics to put on my blog.

She also wants to buy a house, though she has enough for a decent down payment, she does not have enough to pay in full, which would be a problem. I suggested that she look into a double home, one half for her and her little family, and the other for me and 3 of her sisters. She would provide the down payment, I would make the monthly payment and the deed could be either in her name or both our names. Her boyfriend, however, wants to buy a house his uncle is trying to unload. It appears, from the outside, to be poorly taken care of. I have not seen the inside, but she says it seems to need a lot of work. The neighborhood it is in could hardly be worse, just a few hundred feet from where the hookers do business while the police pretend not to see-"nothing unusual about a girl wearing a skin tight mini in freezing temps approaching cars that stop for no apparent reason (wink,wink)"! I did point out that buying from a relative still requires a title search and inspection, even if she could pay in full on the spot. And a lawyer!!!! But, the choice is hers in the end. I can offer the guidance she asks for, but I can't make her do something just because I think it is in her best interest.

I do get to plan the trip, though, which I enjoy doing...... The hunt for the best hotel deal, the things to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment