When were you first diagnosed with fibro?

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fibro flare

I spent nearly all last week in bed, too tired to do anything but go to the few appointments I had. Now I am spending this week getting caught up on all the work that went undone. I was disappointed that my children would not pick up the slack. As a matter of fact, they even let their usual (few) chores go undone. Atleast they let me get the rest I needed without asking me to do things for them. I feel like they just do not understand how stressed I get when I have to play "catch up" after a flare. I get kind of cranky those first few days after I get hit with a flare up because of all the things that go undone, and even though I tell them thats the reason I am cranky, they still balk and fuss about the few chores I ask them to do.

So, anyway, I was reading up on fibro on health.com. Nice to FINALLY see a little new info, about new medicines, mostly.

I went to a tanning salon for the very first time today. Believe it or not, my muscle and joint pain felt a bit better for several hours afterward!! i was only on the tanning bed for 3 minutes!!! I mentioned it to the staff and the said I am not the only one to say that..... they said there are a few elderly women with arthritis who come in regularly because it lessens their pain. I have never before seen or heard about pain relief from tanning beds or I would have tried it sooner!!!! Especially since the first week is free, so if it didn't help, nothing lost but a few minutes of time and the small price for the eye protection! Having never tanned before in a salon, if I had heard of pain relief from tanning, I might have assumed the active element would be heat, but it wasn't that hot. I would have to use much hotter water in a shower than the heat those lights produced to get any where near the relief I got on the tanning from taking a hot shower. I mean water hot enough to make my skin red! And the shower would have to be a lot longer than 3 minutes. And after such a hot shower I would be drowsy and unable to do anything until after a nap.

Well, back to the pile of dirty dishes laying around the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment